Monday, March 4, 2013

For my final project, I decided to approach the genre, "nudity". However, as most know, nudity is often seen glorifying the female body. For this assignment, I would like to take a different approach and glorify the male body from a feminine aspect. In terms of "glorifying", I want the models to be totally unedited (no post production) with really soft lighting, and only have the bodies exposed. I plan on having about three models or so and possibly doing a human form using all three people.  The reason I chose nudity was because nudity means unashamed, unlike naked which means ashamed. Therefore, with the feminine approach I will be taking on the male body, I should have an interest final product.

During this project, I want to incorporate photos using both studio, and natural lighting. Lighting is essential to bringing out the beauty of the human body, making sure your family of angles are accurately placed to capture all the curves, wrinkles, and even scars. As I said, I want these pictures to be convey a raw sense of beauty and feminism, while focusing on the male body.

One artist who's work really inspired me on this project is Mick Waghorne. He did a series of nude photographs (primarily woman) and I just feel his using of lighting and placement really brought out the beauty of these human forms. Another thing I liked about his work was he too used both studio and natural lighting which has completely different effects on the overall composition. http://mickwaghorne.darkfolio.com/gallery/145249#14

Below are three images I took doing the wordplay assignment which initially inspired me to further this subject matter on my final project.



No comments:

Post a Comment